Berlin, the capital of Germany, is well-known for its vibrant nightlife scene. And if you’re a fan of pubs, then
visiting Alexanderplatz is a must! In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about pubs
in Alexanderplatz, from the best ones to visit, the local beer culture, and even some tips to make the most of
your pub-crawling experience. So, let’s get started!
What is Alexanderplatz?
Alexanderplatz, also known as “Alex” by the locals, is one of the most famous public squares in Berlin. It’s a
bustling hub that offers a wide range of entertainment, shopping, and dining options. But what sets Alexanderplatz
apart is its remarkable pub culture that attracts both locals and tourists alike.
The Best Pubs in Alexanderplatz
Here are some of the top pubs in Alexanderplatz that you should definitely consider visiting during your trip:
- Brauhaus Lemke: Located near Alexanderplatz, Brauhaus Lemke is renowned for its in-house
brewed craft beers. They offer a variety of German beer styles, including pilsners, wheat beers, and IPAs. The
pub has a warm, cozy ambiance and also serves delicious traditional German food.
- Clärchens Ballhaus: Though not exactly a pub, Clärchens Ballhaus is a historic dance hall
with a fantastic bar. With its old-world charm, this place transports you back in time. Grab a drink and enjoy
the stunning surroundings filled with vintage decor and live music.
- Bar Tausend: If you’re looking for a more modern and upscale pub experience, Bar Tausend is
the place to be. This stylish bar features a sleek interior, a great selection of cocktails, and live DJs
spinning tunes till the early hours. Remember to dress smartly as Bar Tausend has a smart-casual dress code.
- Brauhaus Georgebräu: Situated right at Alexanderplatz, Brauhaus Georgebräu is a popular spot
for beer enthusiasts. They have a wide range of German and international beers on tap, and their outdoor
seating area offers a fantastic view of the square.
German Beer Culture
Germany is renowned for its beer culture, and visiting a pub in Alexanderplatz gives you a chance to experience
it firsthand. Here are a few things to keep in mind when immersing yourself in German beer culture:
- Germany has a rich brewing tradition, and each region has its own unique beer styles and specialties.
- Pubs in Germany often serve beer in different quantities, such as a small glass (0.2 liters), a regular
glass (0.3 liters), or a large glass (0.5 liters).
- Beer in Germany is usually enjoyed at a slower pace, so take your time savoring each sip.
- It’s customary to say “Prost!” (cheers) before taking the first sip of your drink.
Tips for Enjoying Alexanderplatz Pubs
To make the most of your pub-crawling experience in Alexanderplatz, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Start your pub crawl early to beat the evening rush.
- Try different beer styles and explore the local craft beers.
- Engage in conversations with locals and other pub-goers to learn more about the pub culture in Berlin.
- Consider taking part in a guided pub tour to have a structured and well-curated experience.
- Alongside beer, don’t forget to try some delicious traditional German snacks like pretzels and sausages.
Alexanderplatz is undoubtedly a pub-lover’s paradise. With its wide array of pubs offering diverse beer styles and
unique atmospheres, you’re sure to have a memorable time exploring the pub scene in this vibrant area of Berlin.
Remember to sip your beer slowly, say “Prost!” and immerse yourself in the local culture. Cheers and enjoy your
Table of Contents