Welcome to Open Bar Berlin, your ultimate guide to exploring the vibrant and exciting bar scene in the capital city of Germany. Whether you are a local or a tourist, this comprehensive guide will help you navigate through the myriad of open bars Berlin has to offer. So, grab your favorite drink and let’s dive in!
Why Choose Open Bars in Berlin?
Open bars in Berlin offer an exceptional experience for both locals and visitors. These bars are known for their lively atmosphere, unique themes, and the wide range of drinks they offer. Whether you are looking for craft cocktails, local beers, or fine wines, the open bars in Berlin have something for everyone.
Top Open Bars in Berlin
Here are some of the top open bars in Berlin that you should definitely check out:
- Monkey Bar: Located on the rooftop of the 25hours Hotel Bikini Berlin, Monkey Bar offers breathtaking views of the city alongside a delicious selection of cocktails.
- Green Door: Tucked away in the bustling area of Schöneberg, Green Door is a speakeasy-style bar known for its hidden entrance and handcrafted drinks.
- Prater Garten: As Berlin’s oldest beer garden, Prater Garten is a must-visit. With its large outdoor space and extensive beer menu, it’s the perfect place to relax and enjoy a refreshing beer.
- Madame Claude: Experience something truly unique at Madame Claude, a bar located inside an old, upside-down apartment. The furniture and decorations are mounted to the ceiling, creating a surreal atmosphere.
- Becketts Kopf: Becketts Kopf is a cozy bar hidden behind an unmarked door in Prenzlauer Berg. Known for its skilled mixologists, this bar offers carefully crafted cocktails tailored to your taste.
Tips for Enjoying Open Bars in Berlin
1. Plan Ahead
Before heading out to explore the open bars, it’s a good idea to plan your evening. Research the bars you want to visit, check their opening hours, and whether they require reservations. This way, you can make the most out of your time and ensure a smooth experience.
2. Explore Different Neighborhoods
Berlin is a city with diverse neighborhoods, each offering its own unique vibe. Take the opportunity to explore different areas and discover open bars in various parts of the city. Kreuzberg, Mitte, Friedrichshain, and Neukölln are just a few neighborhoods worth exploring.
3. Try Local Drinks
Open bars in Berlin often showcase a wide range of local beverages. Don’t miss the chance to try traditional German beers such as Pilsner or Weizen, as well as local spirits like Berliner Luft. Embrace the local culture and indulge in the flavors of Berlin.
4. Engage with Bartenders
Bartenders in open bars are often passionate about their craft and love to share their knowledge. Strike up a conversation with them, ask for recommendations, and learn more about the drinks they create. You might discover new favorites and gain valuable insights into the local bar scene.
5. Respect Local Customs
While enjoying the open bars in Berlin, remember to respect local customs and etiquette. Tipping is customary in Germany, so it’s polite to leave a small tip for the bartender or server. Additionally, drinking age in Germany is 18, so make sure to bring a valid ID with you.
Open Bar Berlin is a haven for all bar enthusiasts. With this comprehensive guide, you are well-equipped to explore the diverse and exciting bar scene in the city. Whether you prefer a trendy rooftop bar with stunning views or a hidden gem with secret entrances, Berlin has it all. So, go ahead and embark on a memorable bar-hopping adventure in the capital of Germany!
Table of Contents