Kreuzberg is a vibrant and diverse neighborhood in Berlin known for its lively nightlife and culinary scene. This area is home to a wide range of bars and restaurants that cater to various tastes and budgets.
- Prater Garten: This historic beer garden offers a relaxed atmosphere with a large outdoor seating area. It’s perfect for enjoying a cold beer on a warm summer evening.
- Victoria Bar: Known for its impressive cocktail menu and elegant ambiance, Victoria Bar is a must-visit for cocktail enthusiasts.
- Madame Claude: This unique bar is designed to resemble an upside-down living room. It features live music performances and a cozy atmosphere.
- Mustafa’s Gemüse Kebap: Famous for its mouthwatering kebabs, this street food stand is a Kreuzberg institution. It’s worth the wait in line!
- Curry 36: This iconic eatery serves some of the best currywurst in Berlin. Don’t miss the chance to try this popular local dish.
- Aldemir Eiscafé: Cool off with a scoop (or two) of delicious ice cream from this beloved neighborhood ice cream parlor.
Neukölln is another neighborhood in Berlin that has gained a reputation for its diverse dining and bar scene. Here, you’ll find a mix of hipster hangouts, international cuisine, and trendy cocktail bars.
- Ä: Bar: With its minimalist design and innovative cocktails, Ä is a popular choice for those looking for a unique and modern bar experience.
- Barbarbar: This quirky bar serves a wide selection of creative craft cocktails. The cozy ambiance and friendly staff make it a favorite among locals.
- Klunkerkranich: Located on the rooftop of a shopping center, Klunkerkranich offers panoramic views of Berlin. It hosts live music events and has a vibrant atmosphere.
- Moksa: This Asian fusion restaurant serves a variety of dishes inspired by flavors from Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia.
- Heimlich Treu: Known for its cozy interior and delicious Mediterranean cuisine, Heimlich Treu is a popular choice for a relaxed dinner.
- El Raval: Craving Mexican food? El Raval offers authentic Mexican dishes and a wide selection of tequilas and mezcal.
If you prefer a more upscale dining experience, Mitte is the neighborhood to explore. This central district of Berlin is home to many high-end restaurants and sophisticated bars.
Fine Dining Restaurants
- Nobelhart & Schmutzig: This Michelin-starred restaurant focuses on minimalist presentation and locally sourced ingredients to create unique and memorable dishes.
- Grill Royal: Famous for its dry-aged steaks and glamorous setting, Grill Royal is a favorite among steak lovers and celebrities.
- Katz Orange: Set in a former brewery, Katz Orange offers a menu that combines German and international flavors in a charming and rustic atmosphere.
- Becketts Kopf: This hidden gem is a speakeasy-style bar known for its expertly crafted cocktails and intimate atmosphere.
- Newton Bar: Inspired by the works of photographer Helmut Newton, this bar exudes elegance. It serves innovative cocktails and has a refined ambiance.
- Stue Bar: Located in Hotel Zoo Berlin, Stue Bar offers a sophisticated setting with a wide selection of premium spirits and carefully crafted cocktails.
Remember, these are just a few of the many fantastic areas in Berlin to explore for bars and restaurants. Each neighborhood has its own unique charm and culinary offerings, so don’t be afraid to venture out and discover your own favorite spots!
Table of Contents